Public safety is important to me. I have worked in all aspects of the Constable’s Office and I am familiar with the various complexities of the department from working 16 years directly at Precinct 1. I am a qualified candidate for Constable and I am ready to serve you. I will ensure the resources at the Constable’s Office are used efficiently and at their fullest potential to promote safety and trust in our community. I will also focus on providing information to those we come into contact with who are in need of mental health services.
“I look forward to providing the utmost professionalism to the community and ensuring the safety and security of our families, as your Constable.”
In 2002, I joined the El Paso Police Department working as a Specialist II at Identification & Records. In 2007, I graduated from the El Paso Community College Law Enforcement Academy and was the first person to have been awarded the Exceptional Law Enforcement Skills Award.
Later in 2007, I joined the El Paso County Constable’s Office Precinct 1 where I began my career as a volunteer Deputy. I later became a full-time Deputy where I continued to serve by working patrol, warrants, civil process, court security, and other law enforcement duties. I have also worked alongside various local, state, and federal agencies to keep our community safe.
In 2014, after the tragic death of Constable Robert White, County Commissioners had the confidence to leave me in charge of Precinct 1 for the remainder of Constable White’s term. I currently serve as Sergeant/Second-in-Command for Precinct 1.
I have had the honor to serve under two great Constables: Robert White and Oscar Ugarte. Each of these great Constables has given me the opportunity to grow as a leader to better serve our community. I have a strong commitment to promoting public safety while maintaining public trust. I will continue to uphold positive leadership and combine it with an innovative and progressive vision.
I will continue to uphold positive leadership and combine it with an innovative and progressive vision.
I am a proud family man with the strong support of my wife and kids.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS, and SERVICE AWARDS:
Education, Certifications, and Service Awards:
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice from Park University (Summa Cum Laude)
- Associate of Science in Criminal Justice from Park University
- Inducted into the National Honor Society from Park University
- Certificate in Terrorism and Homeland Security from Park University
- Served as Department Head/Officer-in-Charge of Precinct 1 as per Commissioners Court
- Over 7,100 Peace Officer continuing education training hours from TCOLE
- Master Peace Officer License from TCOLE
- Basic Instructor Proficiency from TCOLE
- Mental Health Officer from TCOLE
- Court Security Specialist from TCOLE
- Civil Process Proficiency from TCOLE
- Firearms Instructor from TCOLE
- Graduate of the Texas Constable Leadership College in Sam Houston University (October 2023)
- Certified ALERRT Instructor from Texas State University (subject matter expert in ALERRT Level I Active Shooter, Exterior Response to Active Shooter Events, Civilian Response to Active Shooter Events)
- TASER Instructor
- Less than Lethal Munitions Instructor
- ASP Baton Instructor
- Human Factor Research Group/PPCT Defensive Tactics Instructor
- CPR/AED Instructor
- Axon Body Worn Camera Instructor
The citizens of El Paso are the eyes and ears of law enforcement. I will develop initiatives and establish meetings with the community to identify and address concerns. By developing this partnership, we can implement effective strategies through positive collaboration.
Accountability and Transparency
I am dedicated to maintaining open lines of communication with the public. I will ensure our officers are practicing fair and equitable policing procedures and providing the utmost respect of citizens.
I am committed to ensuring every member of the Constable’s Office, Precinct 1, receives continuous mental health training and has access to available resources to address situations requiring these services. I understand the importance and will emphasize providing guidance for mental health support in policing.
Prompt and Efficient Service
I will ensure that all court precepts issued to my office will have prompt and diligent service for fair justice in court. My office will provide updates on the status of service upon request from individuals or entities who file at courts of law.
Countdown to Vote